News and Announcements
April 2018: ECLAM has been given its 5-year re-approval by the European Board of Veterinary Specialisation. ECLAM was praised for our website, examination invigilation procedures, and 5-year strategic plan!
Call for Nominations: 2018 Council Member Election
ECLAM Council is seeking to nominate 3 new Ordinary Members of Council at the next AGM, to be held next October in Barcelona.
YOUR COLLEGE AND YOUR COLLEAGUES NEED YOU. PLEASE VOLUNTEER TO HELP.
Ordinary Members of Council serve for 2 years (renewable once only) and their duties (detailed in our Bylaws) are not very onerous. Council members normally participate in monthly teleconference calls, in order to stay informed of the progress of the College’s activities and to review and approve policies and recommendations from committees. Financial assistance to attend Council meetings is available if the member has no other options for support.
THE COLLEGE CANNOT SURVIVE OR PROGRESS WITHOUT THE HELP OF ITS MEMBERS.
PLEASE CONSIDER JOINING COUNCIL!
Any member of ECLAM can nominate him- or herself or nominate a colleague by writing to the Chair of the Nominations Committee, Dr Gabi Itter (Gabi.Itter@sanofi.com) stating their intention to stand for nomination as Ordinary Member of Council and providing a brief note of their qualifications. If nominating a colleague, they must also send a written acceptance of the nominee to the nomination. Nominations should be sent to Dr Itter before 31st August 2018.
Join the Credentials Committee
The credentials committee...
Is tasked to:
- Review credentials of candidates before they are admitted to the exam
- Review alternate residency programs proposed by candidates
- Review 5-year reports by fellow Diplomatest to continue their status
- Pre-review publications in view of their relevance to meet the requirements
- Requirements for alternate residencies
- Other requirements and procedures
Candidates/ committee members
- Volunteer to serve the College in essential functions
- Make impartial decisions based on information provided (in pairs)
- Can motivate their evaluation against set standards
- Identify situations where the standards do not fit the situation of the candidate, and advise accordingly
- Develop and discuss standards as Committee members (advice to Council)
What does it take?
- Active Diplomate status (any stage of career)
- Some teleconferences each year; face2face in conjunction with the annual congress
- A few hours of your time and attention each month, at your discretion, to review application files (two members for each file, communication is by email and you are asked about your impartiality and availability for each file to be evaluated); the review procedure is discrete, names of reviewers are not released and you are not to communicate with the candidate directly
What does it bring?
- Active involvement with the College and peer interaction
- Credits to be claimed for your own 5-year evaluation
- Hands-on experience with education and training issues, and portfolio management
- The opportunity to contribute to developing and improving the ECLAM programme (upcoming topics: publication standards, candidates with seniority in the field)
Contact and application
Please write to the Secretariat to apply.