Lab Vet Professional Skills, RVC, 24/6/2019
The second module of the RVC Lab Animal Vet CPD series will be held on Monday 24th June at RVC, Central London.
The day will explore some professional skills, to help us in our day-to-day jobs and will be facilitated by members of our Veterinary Education dept and an external consultant.
Monday 24th June @ RVC, Camden, London. 9.30am - 4pm
Professional skills for NVSs:
* Constructing a model of yourself in your workplace: 1. Self 2. Workplace 3. Stakeholders
* Creative, optimistic and solutions-focussed approach to professional development
* Challenging conversations at work - Narrative story telling - Analysis
* Communication: theory and practice
* First-hand experience of how small changes to mindset and approach can make big changes to the quality of communication at work
* Understanding of what determines resilience and how it can be developed. Practical solutions to building your own professional resilience.
* Collective and individual actions and responsibilities
Course Leaders: Dr Ruth Serlin and Dr Rachel Davis
The meeting is open to all and suitable for those studying for ECLAM and other professional qualifications. 8 ESLAV CPD points will be awarded for this meeting.
As before, we're aiming to keep the cost low and the day accessible to as many as possible, from UK and further afield.