Ass.Professor of LAS and Toxicology, Université de Montréal
Position title: Assistant or Associate Professor of Laboratory Animal Science and Toxicology
Company name: Université de Montréal, Faculté de médecine vétérinaire
City: Saint-Hyacinthe (Québec)
The Université de Montréal, Faculté de médecine vétérinaire is seeking candidates for the position of professor of laboratory animal science and toxicology at the rank of assistant or associate professor in the Département de biomédecine vétérinaire.
The Université de Montréal is one of the major research universities in Canada, and the Département de biomédecine vétérinaire has major strengths in fundamental and applied research in animal reproduction, pharmacology and animal nutrition, among other disci-plines, with the aim of improving animal welfare and human and animal health. The priority of the department is to train a new genera-tion of veterinary scientists in state-of-the-art animal models of animal and human diseases.
The Faculté de médecine vétérinaire is located in St-Hyacinthe, the agricultural capital of Quebec with 53 000 inhabitants located along the Yamaska river (http://www.ville.st-hyacinthe.qc.ca/tourisme/le-tourisme.php). It is a 45-minute drive from Montreal’s vibrant down-town and 120 minutes from the beautiful historic Quebec City. Although the Veterinary School is located off-campus, strong collabora-tive ties with the Université de Montréal are in place. A structured mentorship program is available for newly hired professors.
- To contribute to teaching laboratory animal medicine and toxicology in the undergraduate veterinary medicine and post-graduate programs;
- To participate in the training of Residents in Laboratory Animal Medicine and supervision of M.Sc. and Ph.D. students;
- Develop an independent, extramurally funded research program in translational medicine and de-velopment of animal models related to the research priorities of the department (http://fmv.umontreal.ca/faculte/departements/biomedecine/);
- Participate in outreach (publications, conferences and other activities) and continuing education ac-tivities;
- Contribute to University service (committees at Departmental, Faculty of University level).
- Hold a D.M.V. or equivalent;
- Hold a Ph.D. in laboratory animal science or toxicology;
- Demonstration of experience in toxicology or with laboratory animal models, and be certified by the American Board of Veterinary Toxicology or the American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine (or the equivalent);
- Post-doctoral experience is considered an asset;
- Demonstrate research excellence by peer-reviewed publications and scholarships;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment, and aptitude for translational research;
- Possess an ability for teamwork and to develop collaborations with members of the Faculty, the Uni-versity and/or with external organizations;
- Candidates must be able to communicate and teach in French or be willing to learn*.
The Université de Montréal offers a competitive salary and a full package of benefits.
June 1st, 2018 or according to candidate's availability (subject to budgetary approval)
Applications must be received by March 15th, 2018. Applications received after the deadline will be consid-ered if no other applications meet the requirements. Candidates must submit a letter of intent detailing their research interests and career objectives, as well as their curriculum vitae, a copy of their diplomas, a copy of three publications, and the full name and contact information (phone numbers, e-mail, postal address, fax number) of 3 individuals acting as references. All applications must be sent electronically to:
Dr Christopher Price, directeur
Département de biomédecine vétérinaire
Faculté de médecine vétérinaire, Université de Montréal
3200, rue Sicotte, Saint-Hyacinthe (Québec), Canada, J2S 2M2
Phone: (450) 773-8521, poste 8383 / Fax: (450) 778-8103
For more details, please see our website: http://fmv.umontreal.ca/emploi
Company name: Université de Montréal
Name: Annie Lavimodière
Phone: 450-773-8521 ext. 8425
Email address: email@example.com