Senior Animal Technician, Ovagen
Position title: Senior Animal Technician
Company name: Ovagen
• Support the Senior Project Director, to ensure the company meets its key strategic objective to have Germ Free (GF) eggs available for evaluation and validation by customers in 2021.
• Responsible for day to day maintenance of the SPF flock to be used for generation of the GF flock and of the subsequent generation GF flocks
• Responsible for planning and co-ordination of all procedures involving development and maintenance of the GF flocks to the highest standards of animal welfare.
• Responsible for record keeping to ensure compliance with SOPs
• Responsible for providing accurate production and financial information to the Senior Project Director
• Responsible for maintaining biosecurity procedures and microbiological/serological sampling of GF flocks in compliance with SOPs
• Responsible for the preparation and revision of SOPs
• Collaborate internally with other divisions, support services and Company management to achieve goals and targets and shared Company KPI’s.
• Support the Senior Project Director in the development of the optimal logistics and supply chain – inwards and outwards for the GF area.
• Support the Senior Project Director in the identification of key risks throughout the GF product development lifecycle.
• Identify opportunities to optimise relationships with vendors in relation to materials, processes, and equipment.
• Ensure full compliance with all Quality, Regulatory, HSE requirements.
• Provide support to the rest of the Company’s Senior Management team as required.
• 5+ years of relevant Germ Free experience and working with Germ Free isolators. Individuals with significant (i.e. >10 years) experience of working with SPF animals will also be considered
• 5+ years experience of working with poultry
• Holder of an Health Products Regulatory Authority (HPRA) individual authorization or equivalent or sufficiently experienced to be eligible to apply for an individual authorization from the HPRA
• Strong oral and written communication skills with an ability to effectively communicate to various functional groups in the organization
• Team Player who can collaboratively work with cross-functional groups
• High energy and resilience level, team building skills and an ability to anticipate and address potential technical issues
• Experience of working in a regulated environment
Company name: Ovagen
Name: Catherine Caulfield
Phone: +353 96 75579
Email address: email@example.com