Senior Veterinarian at Covance Laboratories in Harrogate, UK
Position title: Senior Veterinarian
Company name: Covance Laboratories
Country: United Kingdom
Harrogate, United Kingdom
At Covance your imagination, your dedication, and your drive to find solutions to challenging projects begin on your very first day. Covance is one of the world’s largest and most respected contract research organizations. Our clients are a Who’s Who of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry. We are currently recruiting for a full time Senior Veterinarian to join our team at our preclinical research site in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
As one of our Senior Veterinarians, you will support the Named Veterinary Surgeon in providing veterinary health care for our animals and monitoring the health and welfare of the animals. You will give advice regarding the care and maintenance of laboratory animals, and provide training to the technicians. You will help maintain our animal care and use program to comply with or exceed animal welfare regulations and to maintain our accreditation by the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care International.
Other duties of this role may include:
- Provide laboratory animal medical and surgical care by examination, treatment and advice, at an independent, senior level.
- Assist in assuring the care and welfare of our animals.
- Assist in training of staff.
- Assist with animal welfare-related regulatory and administrative duties (e.g. compliance with Home Office regulations and standards, AAALAC accreditation activities, client visits).
- Serve on the Animal Welfare and Ethical Review Body.
- Perform ophthalmic or other veterinary examinations on laboratory animals.
- Provide scientific expertise on animal health, biology, physiology, and research methodology to staff scientists and technicians.
- Attend scientific meetings and provide leadership in scientific organizations, including attaining peer recognition through publications and presentations that contribute to the field of laboratory animal medicine.
- Function as leader of a specialty area (for example, anaesthesia or ocular clinical lead).
- Lead and complete team projects.
- Mentor junior veterinarians and technicians.
You will have a veterinary degree and be a Member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons. You will have extensive knowledge of small and large animals used in research. Significant experience in laboratory animal medicine is preferred. Board certification or eligibility for board certification by the American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine or European College of Laboratory Animal Medicine is preferred.
Covance’s ongoing success offers team members unsurpassed growth and career development opportunities.
At Covance, we help make the miracles of medicine a reality. We offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner.
There is no better time to join us!
How to apply: If you’re interested in the role, please apply directly at: http://jobsearch.covance.com/jobs/1589535-Senior-Veterinarian.aspx
Company name: Covance
Name: Geoff Hale
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org