Veterinarian, Covance UK
Position title: Veterinarian
Company name: Covance Laboratories
Covance is recruiting for an additional veterinarian to join the team at Harrogate in the UK. See details below and at https://emeacareers-covance.icims.com/jobs/19718/veterinarian-iii/job
At Covance your imagination, your dedication, and your drive to find solutions to challenging projects begin on your very first day. Covance is one of the world’s largest and most respected contract research organizations. Our clients are a Who’s Who of the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
We are currently recruiting for a full time veterinarian to join our team at our preclinical facility in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. As one of our veterinarians, you will be responsible for providing veterinary health care for our laboratory animals. You will give advice regarding the care and maintenance of laboratory animals, and provide training to the technicians. You will monitor the health and welfare of the animals in compliance with the applicable animal welfare regulations and help maintain facilities for AAALAC accreditation.
• Provide exemplary veterinary medical and surgical care by examination, treatment and advice, at an independent, senior level.
• Monitor animal health and welfare in compliance with applicable animal welfare regulations and help maintain facilities for AAALAC accreditation.
• Assist in ensuring that company policies and practices regarding animal care and welfare are in compliance with relevant regulations.
• Assist in training of staff
• Assist with animal welfare-related duties e.g. compliance with Home Office regulations and standards and AAALAC guidance; participating in client animal welfare audits
• Serve on the Animal Welfare and Ethical Review Body, as needed.
• Perform ophthalmic and other veterinary examinations on laboratory animals.
• Provide scientific expertise on animal health, biology, physiology, and research methodology to staff scientists and technicians.
Education / Qualifications
• Membership of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons
• Experienced in veterinary clinical care of animals
• Experience in laboratory animal medicine will be preferred, but candidates without specific experience will be considered
• Board certification or eligibility (ECLAM/ACLAM) will be preferred, but candidates without board certification will be considered
Company name: Covance
Name: Geoff Hale
Email address: email@example.com