Veterinary Surgeon, Covance Huntingdon UK
Position title: Veterinary Surgeon
Company name: Covance
Country: United Kingdom
Are you a Veterinary Surgeon looking for a change of career?
Do you have experience working in laboratory animal welfare?
Does the idea of working outside of general practice appeal?
Would you like to be involved with work that benefits both people and animals, through the development of products for both human and veterinary pharmaceutical industries?
We are looking for a clinician to join our Veterinary Services Department at Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire which provides veterinary care for our three UK sites in GLP preclinical study units.
You will join the one of the largest laboratory animal veterinary teams, providing essential specialist clinical services to animal departments at the cutting edge of research for the pharmaceutical industry. Our prime focus is animal welfare, working to support the company in fulfilling its obligations under the Animal (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 (amended 2012). Our workload is varied, involving clinical cases, training of staff in regulatory modules for PILs and new techniques plus direct study involvement with anaesthetic/surgery models, and ophthalmology examinations.
Additionally we advise on welfare, husbandry, animal health and study protocols. This is a well resourced and professional department where you will find plenty of opportunities to pursue specialist qualifications. We offer generous salary packages as well as the opportunity to gain further qualifications with funded CPD.
As a Veterinary Surgeon at Covance your main responsibilities will be:
- To support the Named Veterinary Surgeon(s) in line with the A[SP]A requirements and as indicated in the Guidance Notes to the Act and the Code of Conduct set in the RCVS Guidance to Professional Conduct.
- To provide specialist clinical services required. This will include ophthalmology, surgery and anaesthesia; but may include cardiology, neurology or other disciplines as required
- To engender a “Culture of Care” within the Company
- To perform audits of our internal facilities as well as external animal breeders and suppliers
- To provide advice and practical assistance with regards to monitoring animal health on arrival and thereafter in a range of species
- To provide advice to PEL, PPLs, PILs holders and NACWOs within the Company on the implementation of the three R's
Company name: Covance
Name: Aimee Lake
Phone: 01480 892093
Email address: email@example.com